Vehicle registration permits are issued by DMV or business partners like Redline Registration to the owner or agent acting with the owner’s knowledge and consent to legally operate or move a vehicle on California roadways when the vehicle has current registration fees on deposit or valid planned non-operation (PNO) status on record.
Vehicle registration permits must be:
- Obtained prior to the vehicle being driven, moved, towed, parked, or left standing on public streets or highways.
- Readily available for inspection by law enforcement.
- Presented to DMV, upon request, when the vehicle is registered.
**: Vehicle liability insurance laws must be valid when operating a vehicle on a moving permit.
1 Day Permits
We issue vehicle moving permits for $25 and is valid for one day and issued to allow movement of vehicles:
- With a PNO on file from the current place of storage to another place of storage.
- To or from a garage or repair shop for the purpose of repairs or alteration.
- If you dismantling or wrecking a vehicle.
- From one place to another for the purpose of:
- — Inspection by DMV or the California Highway Patrol (CHP).
— Assignment of VIN or VIN verifications.
— Inspection of pollution (smog) control devices.
— Weighing the vehicle.
— Obtaining brake/light inspections.
- That are incomplete or under construction.
- From an impound yard.
The date you choose must be within 60 days from the issue date.